Major has an interesting story,  below is the actual email from the Animal Control Center asking us to take him: Major (formerly known as both "Big Boy" and then "Mr.  Flufferstein") is a well traveled gentleman - coming originally from Chatham County where he was picked up from the shelter by a cat rescuer who fell in love with him and wanted  to help but did not know he was FIV+. He was transported  to the Pet Overpopulation Patrol in Caswell County for the purpose of a health exam and to be neutered . I became involved when one of the techs at POP called to  find out if I could help or if I knew anyone who would take an FIV+ cat. After finding out he was positive they were all deeply  upset as everyone instantly loved him due to his playful personality and affectionate nature. The choice was left with them to find a  place for him by the end of the work day or to euthanize him.  He rubbed all over the techs and purred up a storm as they  went to euthanize him at 5pm - and thats when I got the call for help! They dropped Major off at OCAS that night, and had done him a  huge favor that morning by neutering him even though he was  positive - meaning he can be transferred from OCAS for no fee! When he was dropped off they said to me "please save the sweetest cat we have ever met" - and this came from a self proclaimed "dog person" :) It is a lot to ask, but if there is any way you could consider taking him in it would be the perfect end to his long journey. I would also love to help find sponsors for him so that he could live a long and happy life." How could we say no?  He is the friendliest fellow and loves other cats. 12/28/2015 Another horrible letter to have to write.  I don't know how many more I can take, too many losses in the last 2 months... Major had chemo on Tuesday,  came home, ate, acted pretty normal,  Wednesday a little bit quieter than normal but eating...Thursday morning (Christmas Eve) he was vomiting, not eating.  Did vomiting protocol  (fluids, anti emetics, famotidine, temp was normal. I was also on the phone with Raleigh) after 2 hours I saw no improvement ... Decided to take him to Raleigh.  When we arrived his temp was 105 and had severe diarrhea.  He was hospitalized.   He has been there for the last 4 days.  They were tube feeding him,  multiple x-rays, ultrasounds, blood work.  And not positive what we were dealing with.   Was on the phone with them multiple times deciding treatment plans ... this morning the decision was made to do exploratory surgery.  The diagnostic ultra sounds were still not giving clear answers.. He had thickening of the intestines on the films but they could not tell if he was completely blocked or not.  The intestines were no longer moving anything.  The cancer tumor was much smaller.  We still felt at this point (8:30 am)  that he had a chance and so long as he had a chance, we would give it to him)...  Vet called at 1 and said he had taken a turn for the worse.  They had done blood work preparing for surgery and as she read it to me I got more horrified...  He was now in  septic shock and organ failure.  Also his blood pressure was 30.. I said ENOUGH!!  We are now at the point of no return...  I called Bill and said I need you to go right now and be with him... and to tell him I am sorry we waited 4 days trying to save him... I am sorry if we made him suffer.. I feel horrible for Major... He was such a wonderful sweet fellow... He returned to his maker with Bill holding him and loving him at the end...
Major
Sponsored by Lisa - Thank you! Sponsored by Tarissa - Thank you!
A cute video of Major
Sponsored by Mary - Thank you!
next next previous previous
Sponsored by Miles - Thank you!
Sponsored by Suzanne - Thank you!
Major has an interesting story,  below is the actual email from the Animal Control Center asking us to take him: Major (formerly known as both "Big Boy" and then "Mr.  Flufferstein") is a well traveled gentleman - coming originally from Chatham County where he was picked up from the shelter by a cat rescuer who fell in love with him and wanted  to help but did not know he was FIV+. He was transported  to the Pet Overpopulation Patrol in Caswell County for the purpose of a health exam and to be neutered . I became involved when one of the techs at POP called to  find out if I could help or if I knew anyone who would take an FIV+ cat. After finding out he was positive they were all deeply  upset as everyone instantly loved him due to his playful personality and affectionate nature. The choice was left with them to find a  place for him by the end of the work day or to euthanize him.  He rubbed all over the techs and purred up a storm as they  went to euthanize him at 5pm - and thats when I got the call for help! They dropped Major off at OCAS that night, and had done him a  huge favor that morning by neutering him even though he was  positive - meaning he can be transferred from OCAS for no fee! When he was dropped off they said to me "please save the sweetest cat we have ever met" - and this came from a self proclaimed "dog person" :) It is a lot to ask, but if there is any way you could consider taking him in it would be the perfect end to his long journey. I would also love to help find sponsors for him so that he could live a long and happy life." How could we say no?  He is the friendliest fellow and loves other cats. 12/28/2015 Another horrible letter to have to write.  I don't know how many more I can take, too many losses in the last 2 months... Major had chemo on Tuesday,  came home, ate, acted pretty normal,  Wednesday a little bit quieter than normal but eating...Thursday morning (Christmas Eve) he was vomiting, not eating.  Did vomiting protocol  (fluids, anti emetics, famotidine, temp was normal. I was also on the phone with Raleigh) after 2 hours I saw no improvement ... Decided to take him to Raleigh.  When we arrived his temp was 105 and had severe diarrhea.  He was hospitalized.   He has been there for the last 4 days.  They were tube feeding him,  multiple x-rays, ultrasounds, blood work.  And not positive what we were dealing with.   Was on the phone with them multiple times deciding treatment plans ... this morning the decision was made to do exploratory surgery.  The diagnostic ultra sounds were still not giving clear answers.. He had thickening of the intestines on the films but they could not tell if he was completely blocked or not.  The intestines were no longer moving anything.  The cancer tumor was much smaller.  We still felt at this point (8:30 am)  that he had a chance and so long as he had a chance, we would give it to him)...  Vet called at 1 and said he had taken a turn for the worse.  They had done blood work preparing for surgery and as she read it to me I got more horrified...  He was now in  septic shock and organ failure.  Also his blood pressure was 30.. I said ENOUGH!!  We are now at the point of no return...  I called Bill and said I need you to go right now and be with him... and to tell him I am sorry we waited 4 days trying to save him... I am sorry if we made him suffer.. I feel horrible for Major... He was such a wonderful sweet fellow... He returned to his maker with Bill holding him and loving him at the end...
Sponsored by Mary - Thank you!
Major
Sponsored by Lisa - Thank you! Sponsored by Tarissa - Thank you!
A cute video of Major
next next previous previous
Sponsored by Miles - Thank you!
Sponsored by Suzanne - Thank you!